As women, it is important to regularly check our breasts for any changes or abnormalities.
One way to do this is to perform self breast exams regularly. While you may be familiar with the traditional method of performing a self breast exam in the shower, have you ever considered using a botanical body oil?
One of the main benefits of using a botanical body oil for your self breast exam is that it allows you to be more thorough. The oil helps to make the skin more slippery, making it easier to feel for any lumps or abnormalities. It also allows you to cover a larger area, as the oil helps to spread out evenly over the skin.
But the benefits of using a botanical body oil for your self breast exam go beyond just making the process easier. Our skin absorbs what we put on it, which means that using a natural and nourishing oil can actually benefit your overall breast health. Our botanical body oil is made with a blend of nourishing plant oils, and botanical extracts. These oils are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that can help to nourish and protect the skin.
So, how can you use our botanical body oil for self breast exams?
It’s simple! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform a self breast exam using a botanical body oil:
- Choose the right oil: Not all oils are created equal when it comes to performing a self breast exam. It is important to choose an oil that contains natural and nourishing ingredients.
- Start in the shower: It is easiest to perform a self breast exam when your skin is wet, as the breast tissue is softer and easier to feel. Start by standing in the shower and using your hands to gently squeeze and lift each breast. Pay attention to any changes in size or shape, as well as any lumps or abnormalities.
- Use the oil: After you have finished your shower, pat your skin dry and apply a small amount of the botanical body oil to your fingertips. Gently massage the oil into your breasts, using circular motions to cover the entire area. This not only helps to nourish and hydrate the skin, but it also allows you to feel for any changes or abnormalities more easily.
- Check your armpits: Don’t forget to check your armpits as well, as this is an area where breast cancer can sometimes first be detected. Using the same circular massage motions, gently feel for any lumps or abnormalities.
- Be consistent: It is important to perform self breast exams on a regular basis, such as once a month. This will help you to become familiar with the normal texture and shape of your breasts, making it easier to detect any changes.
By using a nourishing botanical body oil, you can turn your self breast exam into a relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
Blooming Wild has the perfect selection of oils for this purpose, with their blend of nourishing plant oils and essential oils that leave the skin feeling soft and hydrated. Remember to be consistent and pay attention to any changes in your breasts, and consult with a healthcare professional if you notice anything unusual.